FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 

Amelia Powers Gardner Named to Governor’s Task Force

Blockchain and Digital Task Force Has 6 Priorities to Modernize Utah State Government

PROVO, UT – (June 7, 2022) – Utah Gov. Spencer J. Cox has appointed Utah County Commissioner Amelia Powers Gardner to Utah’s Blockchain and Digital Innovation Task Force.

 

As one of up to 15 task force members, Powers Gardner is the only representative from local government and will focus on the six priorities from the governor’s One Utah Roadmap, i.e., economic advancement, education innovation and investment, rural matters, health security, equality and opportunity, and streamlining and modernizing state government.

 

“I am honored to be named to the Blockchain and Digital Innovation Task Force by Governor Spencer Cox,” said Powers Gardner, the first woman to be appointed Utah County Commissioner. “Since being elected to office in Utah County, I have been committed to promoting government innovation as a way of keeping government small and saving taxpayer dollars.” 

 

The One Utah Roadmap was built on Utah principles of free enterprise, hard work, and strong families, among other key items.

 

“With Utah’s sharp population surge, we must find solutions that leverages growth,” said Powers Gardner. “Last year, for example, 40 percent Utah County’s growth originated from outside our county, which means we have a great opportunity to plan now so that the remaining 60 percent growth, which comes from our families, will have places to live, to be educated, and to flourish in a community that supports them and that they can call home.

 

“Applying blockchain and digital technology only more assuredly secure our place at the head of the pack.” 

 

The county commissioner believes that combining Gov. Cox’s vision of leadership in the six critical areas will shape forward-thinking policies and infrastructure that will take advantage of opportunities Utahns face.

 

To join the conversation of shaping blockchain and digital opportunities in Utah, visit amelia.vote.

 

#  #  #

 

MEDIA CONTACT:

Tim Brown

tim@candidcom.com

801.557.1466